A few days ago my fellow blogging friend Carol bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger award. I’m not sure what qualifies one as a Versatile Blogger, but I do know that while I worked for Sylvan in Miami, we had these learning tools called VersaTiles. There were either of them in a kit and had numbers on the front that went along with a question set. The student would place them in the kit and after answering they would flip the whole thing over. If the pattern matched the key in the book, they had all the answers right. Sounds a little cheesy (and perhaps an easy-out for the teacher?), but really the kiddos thought they were cool.
Back to the VBA. I’m not sure how versatile a blogger I am, but I’ve been nominated, and according to the official VBA page, that means I’ve been awarded and honored. So, thank you Carol for the consideration! Being chosen as a VB commits one to a couple of duties: nominate 15 other versatile bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated, and tell 7 facts about yourself. Some of you probably already know at least some of these facts, but here goes anyway:
- I still have my Christmas decorations up, not because I am too lazy to take them down, but because I think they’re festive. They are finally grating on me, and I will consider taking them down soon.
- I would really like to have a dog, but we have two cats who have owned us for almost 12 years, and I will not change our relationship.
- If I had to hunt for food, I would be a vegetarian, since I am entirely too sentimental about animals. I can compartmentalize, though, so I choose not to think about it when I happen to be enjoying some animal-containing dish.
- Along those same lines, I sometimes have nothing but edamame for dinner. Sometimes it simply hits the spot.
- I have a spaghetti pocket. This sounds more weird than it is: I can (and do) eat way more angel hair than you might think. I shouldn’t, but unlike the senior member of JC3, I love noodles – specifically angel hair.
- I spend what I consider an embarrassing amount of time reading celebrity gossip. I suppose it’s not the amount of time, which is only late at night while Tony is gaming with his friends and not even every time he does that, but it’s that I do it at all. I can’t help myself. That is a great/terrible outfit. Ooooh – she does look too thin. It’s important to keep up. 😉
- I prefer my chocolate chip cookies very light on the chips. When I make them at home, I always make at least one without any chocolate at all.
Hmm. That’s a lot of food facts. Perhaps I need a snack?
I’m afraid I can’t live up to the 15 other bloggers part of this process. I just don’t frequent that many blogs. My best shot:
Carol – Wanderings of an Elusive Mind. I know she was just nominated, and nominated me, but I felt like she was somehow a kindred spirit after just a couple of reads.
Kathy – Lake Superior Spirit. Carol also nominated Kathy, so there must be something to her 😉 She’s kind, funny, spiritual – in short, a good read.
Jess and/or Jim – Why Michigan. They don’t write frequently, but I love when they do. Plus we hang out all the time, and I’m grabbing their son for a sleepover with my nephews next weekend, so there you go. 🙂 🙂
Gerry – Torch Lake Views. She welcomed me to the area without ever talking to me. She keeps me up-to-date on all the important happenings in the north end of Torch. Plus she gives history lessons on her Civil War vets.
I’m sure I’ve missed some folks whose blogs I truly admire. If so, I apologize! Even if you aren’t a fellow blogger, I encourage you to check out these blogs. You might decide to hang around them – I did.